2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup ice water
6 cups fresh blackberries
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
2 tablespoons flour
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
Fresh mint sprigs
Powdered sugar in shaker
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar.
2. Cut in the shortening and work it through with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time and work the dough until you have a smooth ball. Wrap the dough tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out until the dough is 1/8-inch thick. Divide the rolled dough in half. Place half the dough in an 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking pan. Reserve the other half for the top of the cobbler.
4. In a mixing bowl, toss the blackberries with the sugar, Grand Marnier, and flour. Pour the tossed blackberries into the prepared pan. Top the blackberries with the cubed butter. Lay the reserved crust over the blackberries, tucking the edges down into the pan.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place a serving of the cobbler in a shallow bowl and serve with vanilla ice cream. Garnish with mint and powdered sugar.