Marinated Smoked Salmon
8 oz. smoked salmon (Smoked trout is good too.)
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
1 tablespoon fresh dill or fennel leaves
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 pinch celery seeds
1 shallot, diced fine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
5 tablespoons olive oil
freshly cracked black pepper
more dill or fennel for garnishs
1. Place fish on a platter large enough to accomodate it with at least an inch to spare all around.
2. Chop all herbs very fine. Combine them with remaining ingredients except salt and spread over fish to cover thoroughly.
3. Taste fish for saltiness; many smoked fish are already salted. Sprinkle very lightly with salt if desired.
4. Cover platter with plastic wrap and allow to stand, refrigerated, for at least 2 hours before serving.
5. Garnish with dill or fennel sprigs. Serve fish with thinly sliced bread or black-pepper watercrackers.